Great Salt Lake Research Grants
Request for Proposals (RFP) 2014
The Utah Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands at the recommendation of the Research and Grants subcommittee of the Great Salt Lake Technical Team awarded four grants for research project work on the Great Salt Lake. Proposals came from universities, government agencies, and private consulting and/or research firms.
This Request for Proposals asked for projects that addressed eight "hot topics" of broad interest on Great Salt Lake:
- Mercury: fate and transport
- Salinity balance
- Hydro-climate variability
- Potential causeway modification impacts
- Ecosystem services valuation
- Microbial diversity
- Planning horizon of mineral extraction
Cover Sheets for all proposed projects
The following files are in format. You need the free Adobe Reader to view PDF files.
|1. Angeroth - USGS/UWSC*||Final Report||5. Kettenring - USU*||Final Report|
|2. Carling - BYU||6. Kiviat - Hudsonia Ltd|
|3. Goel - UofU||7. Null - USU*||Final Report|
|4. Johnson - UofU/Westminster*||Final Report||8. Rompato - USU|
* Denotes grant award. Final Report links will be posted when finalized.